Products Management – Part I
Control Panel > Products
There are two parts to Products: Product Catalog & Product Lists.
Product Catalog: Categorizing your products when you’ve uploaded them.
Product Lists: Choosing certain products to be shown in your web-store.
Before you can add a product, you must have a category to start with.
It’s usually easier to track your items if you categorize them!
To create a new category:
1. Click on the “Create Category” button.
2. Enter the category name and select a category type. E.g. Apparels, Bags, Footwear, Accessories
3. Select ‘Hidden from menu’.
4. Click on “Submit” to create the new category.
You may want to put those categories above as the Parent Category and have sub-categories under them. For example:
Now ‘SALE‘ is our Parent Category and ‘Accessories‘ is our sub-category. Feel free to add as many sub-categories as you like!
To add a new product:
1. Click on the “Add New Product” button.
2. Enter the product name, price and description.
3. Choose a category for the new product.
*When adding products, all fields with an asterisk are compulsory.
Code (SKU): Product code for your own reference when handling orders/enquiries from customers.
Usual price: If you want to put a particular item on sale, you can put the usual price as the higher price.
Stock on hand: The product will be active as long as it has more than 0 in quantity.
Subscribe to our tool to add Unlimited Products!
Control Panel > Products > ‘Lists’ tab
Here is where you have your products appear on your web-store!
Depending on what products you want appearing on your store, you can create a list for the products.
To create a list:
1. ‘Lists’ tab
2. Click on ‘Create New List’.
To have products to be displayed on the front page:
1. Create New List – e.g. STORE FRONT.
2. Select ‘Display in Homepage’ under List Information’.
3. Add products of your choice – these products could be your top-sellers or new arrivals!
For products to appear in your menus:
1. Create New List – e.g. Available/New Arrivals/Sales
2. Select ‘Display in Menu’ under ‘List Information’.
3. Add products of your choice.
If you have done so, check out your webpage! It should look something like that.
Now you have different lists shown on your webpage – ‘Available’ and ‘New Arrivals’.
Feel free to create more lists! E.g. Apparels/Sales/Menswear
To be able to create unlimited lists, you will have to unlock the tool!
There are 2 ways to upload additional images:
1. Upload from your computer.
2. Provide a URL and we will copy from the address.
To add additional images to the product:
1. Click on ‘Catalog’ tab.
2. Select a Category from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on ‘Product Images’ icon.
4. Add images of the product.
For unlimited product images, you will have to unlock the tool!
Once you have done so, your product page should look something like that.
Additional Product Details
Does your product have multiple colors or sizes of the same design but you find it a hassle to upload the same product image/details all over again?
Fret not! Yourowncart allows you to upload parameters of a product, saving you all the trouble!
Subscribe to our Product Parameters tool!
Read on how to Manage Your Products (Products Management – Part II).